From Smart Job Board help
Geographic data consists of zip codes. By default SmartJobBoard includes USA zip code database with latitude and longitude.
The administrator can add locations for other countries using import data from file or input locations using ‘add a new location’ feature.
To get to ZipCode Database page you need to go to Admin Panel > System Configuration > Zip Codes Database.
Adding a New Location
To add a new location you need to enter its name (for example “00901”), longitude and latitude to the appropriate fields of the form and then press the 'Add' button.
The new location will be added to the ZipCode Database and will appear in the table below:
To find a certain zip code in the Zip Codes Database you can use the following search form located on the page:
Here you can edit Name, Longitude and Latitude values and then press the “Save” button to submit the changes.
Importing Zip Codes
You can also import Zip Codes to the Database from .csv or .exl files. For that you need to click on the 'Import data from file' link on the ZipCode Database page.
Note: all fields of the ‘Import Data’ form are mandatory.
- File - indicate the file to import using 'Browse' button;
- File Format - select the format of your file (CSV or Excel);
- Fields Delimiter – if you are importing data from CSV-file you need to select the symbol which separates columns from each other (Comma, Tabulator or Semicolon);
- Start Line – here you need to enter the number of the line to start importing from;
- Name Column - enter the number of column which contains names of importing zip codes
- Longitude Column – specify the number of column in importing file that contains longitude data;
- Latitude Column - specify the number of column in importing file that contains latitude data.
After you have filled in all fields press the “Import” button at the bottom of the form.
Note: Also you can use the “Show Import Help” option which is intended to assist you with importing data from file correctly. “Show Import Help” section is located on the top of the Import Data page:
Deleting Zip Codes
To delete one or more zip codes from the database you need to select these zip codes in the table checking the boxes and then press the "Delete" button above the table:
Note: all geographic data will be deleted from the system database and can’t be restored.